2. What kinds of personal information does Sykes Group collect and hold?Sykes Group may collect personal information about you as part of our exchange of goods and services or when you visit and browse our website. The kinds of personal information Sykes Group collects and holds are:
- a) contact information such as your name, company name, business street and postal address, telephone and facsimile number, email address and other personal contact details;
- b) professional information including your position title and job responsibilities;
- c) your interests in goods and services and past purchases;
- d) your payment and delivery information and preferences for purchases; and
- e) credit information, such as identification information, credit liability information including information about credit accounts and credit limits, repayment history information, details about credit defaults and credit eligibility information from a credit reporting agency and references.
3. How does Sykes Group collect personal information?Sykes Group generally collects personal information directly from you when you:
- a) provide us with an order for our goods or services;
- b) agree to provide goods and services to Sykes Group;
- c) complete a credit application form with Sykes Group;
- d) complete a job application form with Sykes Group;
- e) request a quote from Sykes Group;
- f) provide us with personal information via telephone, email or face-to-face;
- g) take part in our internal market research; or
- h) complete a form on our website.
5. Why does Sykes Group collect my personal information?Sykes Group collects, holds and uses personal information that is reasonably necessary to conduct our business activities, to enable us to:
- a) provide goods and services to you;
- b) obtain goods and services from you;
- c) maintain your contact details;
- d) identify you and conduct appropriate checks, including credit checks;
- e) undertake accounting, billing and other administrative activities;
- f) identify and inform you of Sykes Group’s goods and services that may be of interest to you;
- g) recruit, manage, train and develop our employees and representatives;
- h) conduct internal research on Sykes Group’s website users’ demographics, behaviours and interests to enhance product development and customer satisfaction; and
- i) capture metrics on the number of visitors to our websites for use in server capacity needs.
6 How will Sykes Group use and disclose personal information?Sykes Group treats the handling of your personal information very seriously. To that end, Sykes Group has systems and procedures in place to protect your privacy in relation to the handling of your personal information. Generally, Sykes Group will use and disclose the personal information collected for the purpose for which it was provided to us, or related purposes which would reasonably be expected without your permission. For example, we may use and disclose your personal information:
- a) to do business with you;
- b) to build our relationship with you;
- c) to provide you with goods and services and to send communications requested by you;
- d) for our internal and corporate group management, administrative, planning and marketing purposes;
- e) to obtain credit history information about customers;
- f) for debt recovery;
- g) to inform you of our goods and services that may be of interest to you and to send information about future events and promotions; and
- h) to compile and report statistics using de-identified information.
- a) required or authorised by law;
- b) required in order to investigate an unlawful activity;
- c) required by an enforcement body for investigative activities; or
- d) necessary to prevent a serious and imminent threat to a person’s life, health or safety, or to public health or safety.
- a) our suppliers and contractors;
- b) network operators;
- c) financial institutions;
- d) our employees, members of our corporate group and service providers;
- e) other organisations with your consent; and
- f) debt collectors when payments are overdue.
7. Overseas disclosuresGenerally, Sykes Group will retain your personal information within Australia. However, on some occasions Sykes Group may need to disclose personal information to overseas recipients to enable us to provide goods and services and for other management purposes. Recipients of such disclosures are likely to be members of our corporate group located in Indonesia, United Arab Emirates, South Africa, New Zealand and the United States of America. Sykes Group will take all reasonable steps in the circumstances to ensure that the overseas entity does not breach the APPs in relation to the information or is bound by a substantially similar privacy law or scheme to the APPs unless you consent to the overseas disclosure or it is required or permitted by law.
8. Direct marketingSykes Group may use or disclose some of the personal information collected for the purpose of direct marketing or to advise you about our products or services that may be of interest to you. By submitting your personal information to us, you consent to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes. You may request not to receive any direct marketing material from us by following the prompts on any direct marketing material sent to you or by electing to opt out by contacting us as noted in the Contact section below.
9. How does Sykes Group store and manage personal information?Sykes Group takes all reasonable security measures to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected from loss, unauthorised access, destruction, misuse, modification or disclosure. Sykes Group holds personal information in both electronic and hard copy forms in secure premises and databases. Sykes Group maintains physical security over its paper and electronic data stores, such as locks and security systems. Sykes Group also uses computer and network security technologies such as firewalls, intrusion prevention software, antivirus software, external email filtering and passwords to control and restrict access to authorised staff for approved purposes and to secure personal information from unauthorised access, modification, disclosure, misuse and loss. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy and to ensure the appropriate use of the information, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data, such as financial information. SSL encryption is designed to make the information unreadable by anyone but us. This security measure is working when you see either the symbol of an unbroken key or closed lock (depending on your browser) on the bottom of your browser window. However, please be aware that there are inherent risks in transmitting information by use of the Internet and other online transmission systems and that we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted in this way. Sykes Group’s objective is to ensure that all personal information collected by Sykes Group is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist Sykes Group in achieving its objective, please contact the Privacy Compliance Officer if any of your details change. Sykes Group will destroy or de-identify personal information when we no longer need it, unless we are permitted or required by law to retain the information.
10. Access and correction of personal informationYou have a right to request access to your personal information held by Sykes Group and to request its correction. Sykes Group will grant you access to your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act and the APPs. We may refuse access in circumstances set out in the APPs and will provide you with reasons as to why access was refused. If you believe that the information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete or misleading, you may request us to correct the information. We will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to correct the information where appropriate. To request access to or correction of your personal information, please contact us in writing as noted in the Contact section below. You must provide as much detail as possible regarding the business entity, department or person to whom you believe your personal information has been provided, and when. This will allow us to process your request faster. You may be asked to verify your identity. We may charge you a reasonable fee for retrieving, copying, or allowing access to the requested information.
11. About childrenSykes Group is committed to protecting the privacy needs of children (persons under the age of 18) and encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. We ask that children do not submit any personal information to us via our website. If you are under the age of 18, you should only use this website in conjunction with, and under the supervision of, your parents or guardians.
|By Mail:||Privacy Compliance Officer c/- Legal Department Sykes Group Pty Ltd 42 Munibung Road, Cardiff|
|By telephone:||+61 2 4954 3333|
- Officer of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
- Phone: 1300 363 992
- Email: email@example.com
- GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001
Not sure where to start?
WHY Sykes Group?
Our in-house engineers and tech experts will work with you to create bespoke solutions for your project.
Our pumps are designed to handle the most challenging and demanding environments. Using our in-house engineering team, we can custom-design pump packages to match any specification.
OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE COSTS
We design and manufacture pump packages that delivers optimal efficiency and minimal downtime. Even operating in harsh conditions, our products provide a safe and cost-effective solution.
We provide a wide range of pumps to handle all types of water-based issues. Whether above or below ground, Sykes Group can offer a solution.
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND AFTERMARKET
If you need advice on a particular part, our parts and customer service technicians are always available to offer qualified, professional advice.
STOCK AND MANUFACTURING
As the original equipment manufacturer (OEM), we keep plenty of stock on hand and can provide quick access to the parts you need.